The department of dermatology at St Philomena’s Hospital caters to the needs of the patients with the motto-health for all at affordable cost. The services offered are the best by world standards. In addition, the department of dermatology works in close association with department of internal medicine, pediatrics, obstetrics and surgery to treat the patient as a whole rather by system wise so that the patient benefits in the end.
The department of dermatology offers the following services:
• Daily outpatient consultation in dermatology, leprosy and venereology
• Inpatient admission facility
• Laboratory services with tests like-KOH test, Slit skin smear, Tzanck smear, histopathology in addition to routine hematology, Biochemistry and serology (*)
• Provision for specialized tests like Direct immuno-fluorescence and fungal culture (*)
• Outpatient surgeries- Hyfrecator surgery, Radio-surgery with Ellman 4Mhz for skin tags, moles, epidermal nevi, seborrheic keratosis, verruca vulgaris (*)
• Need-based provision for Cryosurgery, chemical peel and laser therapy with Er: YAG laser for scars, Q-Switched Frequency doubled Nd: YAG laser for nevus of ota and freckles, Light heat energy therapy for acne, hair removal and Long pulsed diode laser surgery for hair removal (*)
• Patch testing for allergic contact dermatitis and eczemas
• Phototherapy with Narrow band UVB and UVA -full body and Hand and foot unit (*)
The department is backed up with good reference textbooks and free internet access.
* Specialized service on need base