The main objective of the Degree Course are to prepare the students through appropriate educational programmes and clinical training to assume, in due course, responsibilities as professional nurses in the primary, secondary and tertiary levels of care of the sick and to build them up mentally, emotionally and physically, through guidance and supervision for such responsibilities.
The duration of the degree course is 4 years.
Admission is open only to unmarried women. Special consideration is given to Catholics and religious sisters.
Eligibility Criteria for the Course
• The candidate should have complemented not less than 17 years of age as on 31st December 2008
• Age limit 17-22 years
• Should have minimum height of 147 cm and a minimum weight of 40kgs
• Should possess the minimum educational qualification prescribed by the Rajiv Gandhi University of Health Sciences viz., 10+2 with Physics, Chemistry and Biology as optional subjects and a sound knowledge in English is a must
• Should possess the certificates and documents required in the application form for admission to the Course
• Religious Sisters should have completed One year after their religious profession and should not be above 22 years of age
Issue of Application for admission
Applications for Admission to the Degree Course are issued from 20th March to May 31st, 2008. The application forms are to be collected from the office of the Principal, College of Nursing on payment of Rs.400/- in the form of DD drawn in favour of St.Philomena's College of Nursing, Bangalore-47. The duly completed applications along with all the required documents as specified in the application form should reach the Principal by June 15th, 2008.