General Nursing and Midwifery Course seeks to prepare the general nurse to be able to function as a member of the health team and possess the required competence for the first level position both in Hospital and the community. The course will serve as a basis for advanced study and specialization in Nursing.
The duration of the General Nursing & Midwifery Course is 3 years 6 months.
Admission is open only to unmarried women. Special consideration will be given to Catholics and especially religious Sisters.
• The candidates should have completed not less then 17 years of age as on 31st December 2008
• Should be physically & mentally sound
• Character and conduct are certified to be good by their Parish Priest and the head of the institution where they obtained their qualifying education
• Should possess the minimum prescribed educational qualification viz., 10+2, preferably with physics, chemistry and biology, Arts & commerce also considered as optional subjects and a sound knowledge of English.
• Dates of the Entrance test and interview will be intimated to you at the earliest
Issue of Applications for Admission
Applications for Admission to G.N.M Course are issued from 20th march to may 31st 2008 after advertising in Times of India. The prospectus and application form can be obtained from the Office of the Principal, College of Nursing on payment of Rs.300/- per form, payable by demand Draft drawn in favour of "St.Philomena's School of Nursing, Bangalore". The duly completed application along with the required documents as specified in the form, should reach Principal by 15th June, 2008.